I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award! I have no idea what that means, but I’m oh-so flattered that someone liked my blog enough to nominate me for anything!
So a BIG FAT THANK YOU! to How To Date In Las Vegas for thinking of me. It means a whole lot!
The rules for the Liebster are to thank the person who nominated you, answer the 11 question they have asked you, nominate 11 other people and ask them 11 questions in return. According to the guidelines the Liebster award should be sent to bloggers with less than 200 followers so that new bloggers can see how awesome they are!
So, here are my 11 answers:
1. Why did you start your blog?
Every time I talk about my past dates and relationships, I get the same response – ‘you should write a book!’ So…this is my first step! I’m turning my dating lemons into some delicious, refreshing, and (hopefully) entertaining lemonade for you to enjoy.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
I’m not sure I ever really want to grow up. But that’s not an answer so…
If I could get paid to write, that would be awesome, but my current career as an Associate Producer will suffice for now.
3. Who do you consider your role model?
I’ve been lucky enough to have so many inspirational people in my life it’s hard to choose one. But my family (and those close enough for me to consider family) inspires me everyday.
4. What’s your favorite color?
Purple. I’m also really in to Mint Green lately. And Gold.
5. What’s your favorite movie?
I have way too many favorites to list just one – BUT I love The Wizard of OZ so much that I collect the memorabilia. After many years, I’ve got bins full of Wizard of OZ collectables.
Don’t judge me.
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
How long to you have?
I get irritated easily. But I’d have to say I CAN.NOT.STAND when people wear sunglasses at night. Or when boys where their pants at their knees. Both trigger my gag reflexes.
7. If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
Health, Wealth and Happiness…for myself and my family.
8. What’s your favorite song?
I can’t choose just one. That’s like choosing a favorite child! (Mom, don’t say a word!) It totally depends on my mood, but mainly anything by Prince or Michael Jackson. Sade, Chaka Khan…
Oh, and Moves Like Jagger makes me want to dance like no one’s watching.
Again – don’t judge me.
9. What did you dream about last?
Surprisingly enough an Ex-Boyfriend. One who I would never in a million years even consider dating again. Seriously, as Eminem once said “I wouldn’t piss on fire to put him out”
But, for some reason, he was not only in my dream – but we were *gasp* …Dating!!
It was more of a nightmare to be honest. And not quite sure where it came from considering I haven’t thought about him in FOREVER.
10. Is a tomato a vegetable or a fruit? Explain?
I want to say fruit.
After referring to Wikipedia, it looks like I was right:
Botanically, a tomato is a fruit: the ovary, together with its seeds, of a flowering plant. However, the tomato has a much lower sugar content than other edible fruits, and is therefore not as sweet. Typically served as part of a salad or main course of a meal, rather than at dessert, it is considered a vegetable for most culinary uses. One exception is that tomatoes are treated as a fruit in home canning practices: they are acidic enough to be processed in a water bath rather than a pressure cooker as vegetables would require. Tomatoes are not the only food source with this ambiguity: green beans, eggplants, cucumbers, and squashes of all kinds (such as zucchini andpumpkins) are all botanically fruits, yet cooked as vegetables.
11. If you were an animal, what would you be?
My cat, Prince (aka the cat formally known as). Because he’s spoiled and lazy…and so damn adorable.
Ok…so here are my questions:
1. Why did you start your blog? (no one said they had to be different, right?)
2. What do you hope people take away from your blog?
3. What has been your favorite post, thus far?
4. Your house is on fire…what is the one (non living) thing you are taking with you?
5. If you could talk to your 13-year-old self, what would you tell him/her?
6. What is your favorite quote?
7. Going dutch (splitting the bill) on the first date…acceptable or not acceptable?
8. What is the worst pick up line you’ve heard (or used)?
9. What is one thing you hope to accomplish by the end of 2013
10. What is your favorite book?
11. What are 3 material things you couldn’t live without?
And now for the nominees….
Recipes, Health, and Positivity:
- Going Raw – Vegan recipes, and tips for a healthy life
- Mama Mouse Says – Great (healthy) recipes that I can’t wait to test out!
- My Everyday Power
Online (or traditional) dating:
- Butternut Dates
- Fingers Crossed…Everything Crossed
- Not So Smitten
- Hip Lady Loves
- When Strangers Kiss
- Sex and the Single Soccer Mom
- Dating 2.0
From a Man’s perspective:
I’d also like to mention a couple of blogs that I didn’t want to nominate – only because they were already nominated by the person who nominated me! But they are great blogs, and you should check ’em out!
And remember…this award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers!